What are cookies?
Cookies are text files which are downloaded onto the user’s terminal (computer, tablet, mobile telephone, etc.) and which are stored in the browser’s memory. These files can be used for many different purposes, such as recognizing you as a user, obtaining information about your browsing habits, or personalizing the way in which content is presented.
The term “cookie” also includes other similar technologies that may be installed on the user’s terminal and that collect information about the user or the user’s terminal (such as flash cookies, web beacons or bugs, pixels or HTML5 local storage, etc.). These technologies can be used with cookies to collect and store information, to provide and store user information, to offer the user certain web functionalities or services, or to display personalized advertising based on the user’s browsing on third-party websites.
The FUNDACIÓN ÉPICA LA FURA DELS BAUS’s specific uses of these technologies are set out below. By default, all cookies are disabled, except for technical or strictly necessary cookies, as these are essential for the website to function correctly.
Our sites may also have links to social networks (such as Facebook or Twitter). FUNDACIÓN ÉPICA LA FURA DELS BAUS does not control the cookies used by these external websites. For more information about cookies from social networks or other external websites, we advise you to check their own cookie policies.
What types of cookies do we use and for what purpose?
According to their purpose:
- Technical or strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the optimal functioning of this website and cannot be disabled from our systems. They are generally configured to respond to actions you have taken to receive services. You can configure your browser to alert you to the presence of these cookies or to block them. However, you will not be able to access certain sections and some functionalities will not be available. These cookies do not store any personal information.
- Analytic or measurement cookies: These cookies allow the FUNDACIÓN ÉPICA LA FURA DELS BAUS to count the visits and sources of traffic to measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to find out which pages are popular, and to see how many people visited our website. All the information collected by these cookies is aggregated.
- Preference or personalization cookies: Analytical cookies are those used by our web portal, to elaborate browsing profiles and to be able to know the preferences of the users of the same in order to improve the offer of products and services. If you do not activate these cookies, some of our services may not work correctly.
Depending on the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: These cookies collect data while the user browses the FUNDACIÓN EPICA website in order to provide the requested service. They expire or are deleted after a short period of time, or when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies remain stored in the user’s terminal for a longer period of time, thus facilitating the control of the preferences chosen without having to repeat certain parameters each time the website is visited. They expire or are deleted after a medium or long period of time.
What if I don’t want to have these cookies or I don’t do anything about them?
In order to comply with current legislation, we have to ask your permission to manage cookies. If you decide not to authorise the processing by indicating non-conformity, we would only use technical cookies, as they are essential for browsing our website. In this case, no cookies are stored. If you continue to browse our website without refusing your consent, this means that you accept their use.
These browsers are subject to change or modification, so we cannot guarantee that they will fully match your browser version. It may also be that you are using another browser not covered by these links, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these mismatches, you can access them directly from your browser’s options, usually found in the Options menu, in the “Privacy” section. (Please consult your browser’s help for more information).
The cookie use settings can be modified at any time. Please note that both the cookies settings panel selection and the browser settings are specific to the browser you are using. This means that if you configure cookies in a specific way and you want the settings to apply in a similar way on another browser or device, you will need to select the same options on the other browser or device.
Where can I get more information?
For more information on the use, management and settings of cookies in browsers, we recommend visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org.